While I am not feeling good about the game tonight there are several things the Packers can do to achieve a victory tonight and avoid going 2-4. So let’s get at it!
1. Contain JJ Watt:
- The Packers offensive line has looked like a siv more times this season than actually protecting Aaron Rodgers. Watt is one of the most ferocious DE’s in the league so if the Packers can chip him Rodgers should have a decent amount of time to throw.
2. Alex Green:
- Green showed last week he has the ability to break a home run. If the line can open some holes for him look for the shifty back from Hawaii to make the most of his carries. The loss of Brian Cushing will help the Packers in the running game as well.
3. Limit Arian Foster yards after contact:
- There is no point to go around and say “hey let’s keep Arian Foster to 50 yards” because, well it won’t happen. If the Packers can wrap up Foster and limit his yards after contact it will help get the defense off the field.
4. Hit Jordy deep:
- This connection has to happen at some point. Rodgers has overthrown Jordy too many times this season and Jordy has dropped some easy passes. If this connection happens today the Pack stand a good chance to pull off the upset.
BONUS GUEST POINT!
While celebrating my birthday a day early with a bunch of friends one of my good buddies, Adam Kube said the Pack need to contain Owen Daniels. The Pack seem to get torched by tight ends and Owen Daniels is one of the more underrated tight ends in the league.