With just two weeks to go and down by three games to my buddy Josh Brewer week 16 is crucial for me to make up some ground. Check out Josh’s blog at alwaysbrewing.blogspot.com. Time to get to the picks!
1. Tennessee at Green Bay:
- Last week Green Bay locked up the NFC North with a division win over rival Chicago. The Pack are getting guys back healthy at the right time and might have found a legit running game. Tennessee will be looking to play spoiler so look for CJ2K to get a lot of carries as he gives the Titans their best chance to get the upset. However Tennessee isn’t that good and Green Bay is.
- Packers- 34-20
2. Cincinnati at Pittsburgh:
- Pittsburgh lost a heart-breaking game last week which also put them in a hole to make the playoffs. The good and bad news is they play the Cincinnati Bengals this week. With a win the Steelers are right back in the thick of things but a loss can eliminate them from the playoffs. The Bengals have been one of the most impressive teams the second half of the season while the Steelers are fluttering. Going with the youthful bunch in this one.
- Bengals- 23-17
3. Minnesota at Houston:
- If the Vikings are going to win this game it will be because of Adrian Peterson and his bio-mechanical legs. Peterson is just under 300 yards shy of beating the NFL rushing record for a single season and will be relied on heavily to pull off an upset. However the Texans are a very balanced team and should have no problem making the Vikings one-dimensional. Texans put a dent into the Vikings playoff hopes.
- Texans- 30-20
4. NY Giants at Baltimore:
- Will the real Giants and Ravens please stand up? These have to be the two most Jeckyl and Hyde teams in the NFL. The Giants got spanked by first place Atlanta while Baltimore lost a key AFC match-up to Denver. I think the light in the tunnel is dimming for the Giants so I am going with Baltimore on this one.
- Ravens- 27-24
5. San Francisco at Seattle:
- This division isn’t wrapped up yet but could be by tomorrow night. The 49ers take a trip north to square off against rookie Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. I expect a lot of running and hard hits in this game. However one team does a bit more hitting and makes a few more plays so watch the 49ers lock up the division.
- 49ers- 23-16