With news just breaking of no Christian Ponder tonight it’s got my keys to a win tonight a bit different. Let’s get to the keys to a victory tonight!
1. Pressure Joe Webb but under control:
- With Ponder not staring, the Vikings turn to Joe Webb who has not thrown a pass all season. Webb has great athleticism so if the Pack bring some pressure, be ready for Webb to step up or go outside and break a long run. Bring some heat but be sure to go under control and don’t over-pursue.
2. First contact on AP:
- The Packers made contact with Adrian Peterson quite a bit at the line of scrimmage last week but unfortunately for the Pack, Peterson was able to break arm tackles and gain valuable yards after contact. It’s difficult to limit AP but being able to contain his yards after contact will be key to a victory tonight.
3. Full health at WR:
- This is the first time since week 4 that the Packers have had Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, and Randall Cobb. Combine these four with the quiet second half of the season tight end Jermichael Finley put together and the Vikings secondary will be on their heels all night. Aaron Rodgers has to be happy with this late Christmas gift.
4. DuJuan Harris:
- The Packers haven’t had a running back run as hard as Harris since Ahman Green. He averaged five yards a carry last week and will be key tonight to keep the Vikings defense honest. If he has success again on the ground, look for the play-action passing game to be on cue.