Time to squeeze in some writing while I have internet!
Here is what I liked from Saturday night.
1. Eddie Lacy- I realize it was only 9 touches, but Lacy gained 51 yards. It’s nice to see a Packers running back break arm tackles. If he stays healthy, the Pack will have their best balance since about 2009.
2. Jermichael Finley- The fin! I decided to do some finning for J-Mike since he appears to not be celebrating. That was the best Finley has looked since the end of 2009, early 2010 before suffering a knee injury. Along with Lacy, if Finley proves to be the playmaker he can be, the Packers offense will be without a doubt, in the top three of the NFL.
3. Johnny Jolly- I think the man who loved the purple drank earned himself a roster spot on Saturday night. The Packers could keep seven defensive linemen this year and Jolly has proved he can still play. He just needs to get his endurance up.
Here are a few things I did not like.
1. Fumbles- James Starks didn’t see the field until the second half and got lucky when he fumbled and the Rams player was out of bounds. Also the muffed punt was an eyesore.
2. Return game- Micah Hyde looked pretty good returning punts, but I still haven’t seen anyone step up and prove Randall Cobb should be taken off of return duty.